Registrations with other Groups/multigenerational registrations
Yes the MGBA do accept registrations from other groups. FORM FOR DUAL REGISTRATION CAN BE FOUND HERE
Members/Owners are permitted to register animals, parents/grandparents with other groups in accordance with registration requirements. Most miniature goats with multigenerational pedigrees will carry ancestry of the foundation miniature animals recorded with the original Australian Miniature Goat Club/Registry. This distant ancestry will already be recognised by the MGBA.
Progeny of these animals that was not recorded with the AMGR/MGBA may be eligible for registration with the MGBA provided their height measurement, photos and details are provided by MGBA member/owners in accordance with MGBA registration rules. Offspring of the animals may then be registered with their pedigree recorded and graded accordingly.
- Proof of parentage may include:- service certificate; recording from another group; confirming DNA test results
- Parent identification must be verified:- ear tag with PIC, photo ID, microchip, recording from another group, etc.
- All animals must be measured according to MGBA rules by approved MGBA members.
- Owner of animal being recorded must be listed
- Only information submitted by MGBA members will be accepted for registration purposes.
To register an animals with the MGBA that has already been registered elsewhere, you will need to attach a copy of the relevant registration certificate/s for recording pedigree information to your application.
You must be listed as the registered owner of the animal or have a signed transfer of ownership, bill of sale or other such documentation that clearly lists the animals name and identification (ear tag, microchip, DNA, tattoo).The information utilized from copies of the certificates other than those of MGBA is accepted at face value. Pedigree will not be used for grading purposes unless the animal listed is height verified by a committee approved MGBA measurer and the animal can correctly be identified.
For more information please contact a registrar.
Contact us | View site map