MGBA Code of Sportsmanship
|Shared values of those involved in our sport of miniature goat showing include principles of sportsmanship. The MGBA believe that the principles of sportsmanship is an important part of our sport that will see it thrive for years to come. With the belief that it is useful to periodically articulate the fundamentals of our sport, this code has been prepared to form the MGBA Code of Sportsmanship.
• Exhibitors respect the history, foundation and integrity of the Australian Miniature Goat breed.
• Members agree to maintain a high standard of ethical conduct comprised of honesty, integrity and fair dealing essential to the success of the association and its members.
• Members shall not engage in hostility, derogatory/degrading/defamatory behaviour towards other Members/ Breeders/ Exhibitors/ Judges/ Stewards/ Purchasers, their friends/ family or animals.
• Exhibitors commit themselves to values of fair play, courtesy, and competition, as well as winning and losing with grace.
• The Exhibitor refuses to compromise the impartiality of a judge.
• The Exhibitor respects and adheres to the MGBA show rules; the show society rules in their State as well as those of the hosting show society governing the miniature goat show/s.
• Exhibitors always consider as paramount the welfare of their goats/s.
• Any person believing a member may be in breach of a code may submit their concern to committee on the “Complaints Form” found on the MGBA website menu bar. The matter will be reviewed forthwith.
• Upon a complaint being substantiated penalty shall include but not be limited to: ineligibility to hold a committee/state representative position; ineligibility to process applications with the registry; ineligibility to participate in events/ shows/ functions; removal of champion points if breach has occurred at a show or regarding a show attended; and possible suspension and/or cancellation of membership.
MGBA Code of Sportsmanship V1 21.1.2014
Contact us | View site map